Orange Pi Plus 2E specifications with differences in bold or stricken through:
- SoC – Allwinner H3 quad core Cortex A7 @ 1.3 GHz with ARM Mali-400MP2 GPU up to 600 MHz
- System Memory – ۲GB DDR3
- Storage – ۱۶GB eMMC, micro SD card slot,
SATA interface (via a USB to SATA chip),
- Video Output – HDMI, AV port
- Audio I/O – HDMI, AV port, on-board microphone
- Connectivity – ۱۰/۱۰۰/۱۰۰۰M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
- USB – ۳x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB OTG port (without external USB hub chip)
Camera – CSI Interface
- Expansion – ۴۰-pin Raspberry Pi compatible header
- Debugging – ۳-pin UART header for serial console
- Misc – IR receiver; Power, recovery, and upgrade buttons
- Power Supply – ۵V/2A via barrel jack or 5V/GND header pins; Power and status LEDs; SY8106A regulator.
- Dimensions – ۱۰۸ x 67 mm (TBC)
The board was actually made based on requests from Armbian community, that asked for 16GB eMMC for better random I/O performance which is important if you intend to run the operating system, database applications, or any other application that requires many small I/O writes and reads, and the removal of the USB hub chip that shared the bandwidth with SATA and other USB ports. SY8106A regulator was also used to make sure there’s less throttling.
Orange Pi Plus 2E will sell for $35. The company is also working on a $25 Orange Pi PC Plus board based on Orange Pi PCdesign, but adding WiFi and 8GB eMMC, and a board based on Allwinner A64 is also planned. It’s unclear when the new boards will be available.